Re: Application with invisible window

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
weasel wrote:

I would like to create an application that in effect has an invisible client area in the window that can be drawn to. I can accomplish this with transparency and mask, but then each pixel is either on/off, what I want is alpha translucency.

<snip>

See note here:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-gdk-pixbuf.html#GdkPixbufAlphaMode
for up-to-date situation on alpha-blending.

Cheers,
                      -Tristan

Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunatly it was not the news I was hoping for. :( I will look to XFree for more info about the status of this.

Thanks,
Nick