Re: penalty for double buffering

Olexiy Avramchenko wrote:
I've looked at your code - put gdk_flush() call after gdk_draw_pixmap() in expose-event handler, times probably will change.

gdk_flush() increases the runtime by a small amount in all cases. It doesn't affect the double buffering penalty.

As far as I can tell, the application runs fine without double buffering. So in a sense, turning it off solves the problem. It's an interesting puzzle, however, in the sense that I think I'd understand something important if I knew why it happened.

Steve