Re: Is there any way to create a no-focus toplevel window?

Yes in GTK 2.3, recently added to CVS. Set the new property accept-focus to FALSE.

gok the GNOME on-screen keyboard uses this.

Padraig

Xiong Huan-a16898 wrote:

Sorry if this is stupid question: is there any way to create a non-focus window with GTK? By "non-focus
window" I mean a window which never has focus either when it is created or when the user clicks on it.

I understand X window system provide the facility to control focus(Xsetinputfocus() method) and window
manager defines and implements the policy(eg. click-to-focus mode or focus-follows-mouse mode, etc.). So
this question may be not relevant to widget toolkit(is there any window manager which support this
feature?) But I am wondering if Gtk provides such a feature that when a toplevel window receives focus it
throws it away by default(throw to whom? something like focus proxy, I think).

Thanks.