Which widget that can show output?

I know that the widget which to use for create "input text" is Gtkwidget *entry.
But I want to know that which widget that we can use for show "output"?
such as I want to insert some input(text message)(such as "hello world") to "Gtkwidget *entry" , and I want to show the output in the same window(such as "hello world" will appear above the entry widget") and after I insert some text to the entry widget again(such as "how do you do"),I want this message append "hello world" in the new line and show output like this......

(first input)        hello world
(second input)   how do you do

I had tried so many widgets,but I only found that the widget that can use for show output is "dialog widget",which is not my point,because I want the output to show in the same window widget,but "dialog widget" will show the output in another window. Which widget that can use for show output?(I don't think that I should need to use stack,right?)
Could anybody help me,please?
Thank a lots to all of your advise!
Regards,