Re: Setting background pixmap for a GtkLabel

Kevin Vandersloot wrote:

Hi All. I'm trying to fix up applet transparency, and I can't seem to be
able to set the background pixmap of an applet. I've tried
gdk_window_set_back_pixmap for the PanelApplet widget as well as for the
GtkLabel widget that I'm testing, but neither seem to work.

So my question is what is the standard way to set a bakcground pixmap
for a GtkLabel, or other GtkWidgets? I appreciate any help.
Hello,
You can set background of GDK windows:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Windows.html#gdk-window-set-back-pixmap

Some widgets have such windows, but some have not (if you pack five labels inside GtkVBox
inside GtkWindow - they will share one GDK window from GtkWindow widget):
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#GTK-WIDGET-NO-WINDOW-CAPS

Looks like you need to implement your own widget[s].

   Olexiy