Re: Threads

Russell Shaw wrote:
Olexiy Avramchenko wrote:

Russell Shaw wrote:

Hi,
Does g_timer_start() need to be surrounded with gdk_threads_enter()
and gdk_threads_leave() in my own thread?

Hello,
The call itself doesn't need it. You probably may need it if you creating timer async. in another thread, but I really can't imagine this case.

ok. I also have a function that is called from a normal gtk callback, as
well as other threads. This function calls gtk things, so it has
gtk_threads_enter()/gtk_threads_leave() in it.

When the function is called from the normal gtk callback, it gets blocked
on gtk_threads_enter(). Why? I have disabled all other threads.

I fixed it by doing: gdk_threads_leave() -> function() -> gdk_threads_enter()
from within the gtk thread.