GTK+ 2.0 Hello World

Frustrated with lack of proper documentation (how do other people start
their open source projects?) I wrote two tutorials that show how to
create a very simple, hello world type of program in GTK. The tutorials
not only deal with the GTK side of things, but explain how to set up
configure.in and Makefile.am files to get things working. The first one,
available here:

http://bo.majewski.name/bluear/gnu/gtk-hello-plain/gtk-hello.html

deals with the straight Hello, World + automake. The second one,
available here

http://bo.majewski.name/bluear/gnu/gtk-hello-i18n/gtk-hello-i18n.html

Shows how to internationalize it. I want to keep both tutorials as
simple and short as possible, so please don't ask me to add features to
programs. But if you have comments about them, know a better way of
doing various things that I set up, I welcome any comments.

Bo