Re: GtkTreeView Selection Changed Signal?

--- Jared Krinke <furiousj u washington edu> wrote:
Hi, I've searched the Internet and the mailing list archives and could
not find an answer, so here goes...

I have a GtkTreeView that is using GTK_SELECTION_MULTIPLE for multiple
selection. I can't find what signal will tell me when the selection has
changed. "cursor_changed" tells me when the user clicks on a single
entry in the list. After that, when I ctrl+click on another item (to add
to my selection) no "cursor_changed" signal is emitted.

So what signal is emitted when a user adds to a multiple selection in a
GtkTreeView? I've tried almost all the ones set up in Glade and none of
them do anything except for "cursor_changed," which itself does not have
the desired effect.

What you need to do is use the gtk_tree_view_get_selection function to retreive the GtkTreeViewSelection
object for your tree.  Once you get that object, connect to it's "changed" signal to determine when the user
has selected/deselected an object.