Re: How to make menu popdown?

"Wang Wallice" wrote:

To realize horizontal menu,i create a menu item,it contains a hbox,hbox
contains four buttons.My problem is when i click one button,whole menu
couldn't popdown. I try to emit signal "activate" to menu item,but it
still doesn't work. Thanks!

Have you considered making use of the standard GTK features for menu bars
(horizontal menus) or have I misunderstood your intention? Menu bars make
popping down of submenus rather easy. have a look at the GtkMenu class and
relatives (GtkMenuBar, GtkMenuItem)  the GTK reference.

Nevertheless you could use buttons in hboxes as well to trigger popdown
(or popup) menus but that's both potentially confusing to users and a bit
more complicated. You'd still have to prepare a popup menu. Just trying to
activate some GtkMenuItems isn't sufficient.