multiple dialogs/windows problems

hi all,
THE SITUATION:
an application which am writing involves nultiple levels of windows as in - there is the main window(widget
1) which creates a dialog box(widget 2) which further creates another dialog(widget 3)
I have 'attached'(using gtk_object_set_data()) a structure to the widget 1 which is my main window - and i am
able to access/modify this structure from widget 2 by using gtk_widget_get_toplevel() function with the
combination of gtk_object_get_data().

THE PROBLEM :
        Am not able to access the structure from my widget 3 - using a nested gtk_widget_get_toplevel[ like
gtk_widget_get_toplevel(gtk_widget_get_toplevel())] doesnt seem to be working too - is there any way i can
access the structure from the widget 3 (which is the child of widget 2). Am kinda stuck now - dont know what
to do. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can proceed???

Thanx in advance
-partha

parthasarathi s a
Odyssey Technologies
e-mail: parthasarathi at odysseytec dot com
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation,
because your character is what you really are,
while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
                                --John Wooden