How to move selected item into view?

I'm using the GtkListStore/GtkTreeSelection/Model widgets in gtk2.2. My application programmatically can set a selection without the user selecting directly from the list. I'm also using the sort feature. What I need is the currently selected item to stay in view. For example, after sorting, the item has moved out of view. What I need is the equivalent of the XmListSetPos or XmListSetItem api calls found in motif. Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Bruce