Re: Error deleting widgets: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 11:43, Jacob Kolding wrote:
Hello all

I have some problems deleting widgets. In this case:
GtkCellRenderer
GtkTreeViewColumn
GtkTreeModel
GtkTreeSelection

None of these are widgets.

The code looks like this:

gtk_widget_destroy((GtkWidget*)check_renderer);

and the error I get:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1626 (gtk_widget_destroy):
assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

A GtkCellRenderer isn't a widget. Of the non-widget
objects you list above, most of them will be cleaned
up for you, there is no reason to destroy them explicitely.

(I have a feeling that you might be destroying a lot
more widgets than you need to ... generally destroying
a widget will destroy all that widgets children.)

For GtkTreeModel, you can use g_object_unref().

Regards,
                                        Owen