Re: Developing for windows.

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Ian Molton wrote:

I am a linux developer and have been asked to do a windows version of
one of my programs. I am using GTK 2 and wondering what my options are.

I have an old version of MSVC++, but I'd rather be using open tools if
possible.

It's certainly possible.  There's a good GTK+ port for win32, and you
can build a win32 version of your program using free tools in either
of two [or maybe more] ways:

* Install mingw (gcc for win32) on a Windows machine, along with the
GTK developer packages.

* Install mingw on Linux as a cross-compiler, along with the GTK-win32
developer files (this is a little trickier at first, but it's what I
do, and it means I can build a win32 version of my program without
ever booting Windows).  There are some relevant links at

http://gretl.sourceforge.net/win32/

Allin Cottrell