Re: some newbie g_signal_connect questions

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Matthias Mann wrote:

        ***  some newbie g_signal_connect questions  ***

 Hi all!

 I've seen some difficulties while working in Gtk+ with signals.
 Normally a function looks like this:

 void any_function(opt *any_option) {

      any_functions();

      return; }

The callback may return something else than nothing (look at the API :
for example GtkWindow and its "frame-vent" signal, which returns a
gboolean. I don't know any callback which returns something else than
void or a gboolean. I think that this boolean has to be set FALSE or TRUE
if we want the signal to be propagated (correct me if i'm wrong).

 but what's about callback functions? They don't need 'return;'.
 Right?

 But if i have a function with 'return;' cause regular function
 calls it and also a callback function. Could this make problems
 for an application?

 And by the way: a "void" function, does it need this 'return;'?

No, but you could keep it.

 Or could i leave it generally?

 best regards,

 mathew