Re: Missing GdkWindow from top level GtkWindow

Gus Koppel wrote:

I need the GdkWindow for gdk_window_set_icon () and associated pixmap
functions. gtk_window_set_icon () doesn't work either, maybe because
it misses its GdkWindow as well?

No it doesn't. I just used the wrong size. I expected my WM to be
capable of scaling down images as needed but apparently it isn't. 64x64
icons don't work, 32x32 do.

However, the question remains: when / where are GdkWindows of top level
GtkWindows? I receive NULL pointers any time I try to obtain them via
gtk_widget_get_parent_window (). Are top level GtkWindows not supposed
to be associated with GdkWindows?