Re: Preventing Events from being clobbered by WM's

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 12:34:42PM -0400, Pete Collins wrote:
I have a requirement for some gtk2 code i'm working on to block WM key
bindings like ALT+TAB, CTL+K, etc.

I also need to block CTL+ALT+BACKSPACE which is an event controlled by
the X server i believe.

Can I do this from the application window widget using gtk, gdk or even
xlib?

Basically, no. You have to configure the WM or the X server to do
this.

Special X extensions such as XTest may let you do it but you probably
don't want to rely on those.

Havoc