Re: double click event in a tree view

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 19:02, paolo borelli wrote:
Hi,
      I'm implementing a dialog which contains a list of symbols implemented
with GtkTreeView/GtkListStore.

I've implemented the dialog as a subclass of GtkDialog and the
application runs it with gtk_dialog_run.

Now I want to intercepet if the user double-click on an elemente of the
list so that I can return the proper GTK_RESPONSE.

Looking at the docs it's not clear to me which event should I connect
to. Can someone give me a hint?

sorry to reply to myself, but re-reading my mail I see I've not been
clear;

I've connected my tree view to the button-press-event with:

/* when a symbol is double-clicked we emit a OK response */
g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (GTK_WIDGET (dialog->list)), "button-press-event",
                  G_CALLBACK (gkd_on_double_click), dialog);

where the callback is:

static void
gkd_on_double_click (GtkWidget *widget,
                     GdkEventButton *bevent,
                     gpointer *dialog)
{
        if (bevent && (bevent->type == GDK_2BUTTON_PRESS))
                gtk_dialog_response (GTK_DIALOG (dialog), GTK_RESPONSE_OK);
}

The problem is that the above code gets all button-press-events and the
user cannot select another row of the list with the mouse...

ciao
        paolo