Re: Getting size of text

Perhaps pango_layout_get_extents?

Noah

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 14:38:06 +0200, FranÃois-Xavier Coudert wrote:
Hello,

After preparing a Pango layout for display and before displaying it
actually, I use pango_layout_get_pixel_size (p_layout, &width, &height)
to get its size.

But the size I get using this is the width of the texte and the height
of the line, and not a real "bounding box" for my text. Since I use it
to blank some areas of the display, I need a tight bouding box. How
should I do?

Thanks for your help,
FranÃois-Xavier

--