GtkScrollType and co

Hi all,
I would like to associate an event to a slider *but* only when the mouse is release (=endscroll event). How would you do that with GTK.
There doesn't seems to be an event associated with it:

typedef enum
{
  GTK_SCROLL_NONE,
  GTK_SCROLL_STEP_BACKWARD,
  GTK_SCROLL_STEP_FORWARD,
  GTK_SCROLL_PAGE_BACKWARD,
  GTK_SCROLL_PAGE_FORWARD,
  GTK_SCROLL_JUMP
} GtkScrollType;

---
        I have recently sent a mail:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-app-devel-list/2003-April/msg00268.html
And Owen told me I should better not called gdk_window_at_pointer(). So what should I use instead ? Let say I have 2 window A & B if I drag the mouse from A to B, I still want to be able to release the mouse (even when on B). That's why I decide that window A capture the mouse.

---

This lead to my second question: how good is it to grab the mouse and attached it to a particular window ? For example let say window A has capture the mouse, but window C pop up and got the focus (progress bar or what ever). How would you deal with it ?

Thanks
mathieu

--
Mathieu Malaterre