RE: GtkListStore

You can keep the Iter around and access it for the life of
the row with
a GtkListStore.  Once the row has been deleted, you had better get rid
of it.

What about if the row is moved to a different parent for example, is it
still valid then?

I agree with you though, the documentation is not very clear when it
introduces phrases like "... some models ...".  To me this
sounds like they
mean, "...depending on how the model is implemented..." - I
could be wrong.

It depends on whether or not the model has the GTK_TREE_ITERS_PERSIST
flag set or not.

Can you elaborate, what exactly does this do? (GTK_TREE_ITERS_PERSIST) - or
what does it do if it is not set?

Regards,
Martyn