Re: Size of text

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 18:23, ZHOU DX wrote:
Hi,

How can we determine the size of the text in terms of
pxiel?

My gtkmm code looks like this:
Glib::RefPtr<Pango::Layout> pango_layout =
create_pango_layout(ustr);
Pango::FontDescription fd("Courier 400");
pango_layout->set_font_description( fd);
window_->draw_layout(gc_, 220, 100, pango_layout);

I want to know how big the "ustr" is, so that I can
position it in the right place on the screen
automatically instead of using things like "220" and
"100" here.

In C, simplest is:

void     pango_layout_get_pixel_size       (PangoLayout    *layout,
                                            int            *width,
                                            int            *height);

Regards,
                                           Owen