gtk_window_set_skip_taskbar/pager_hint()

I've been wondering what is the correct way to use the following
functions:

     gtk_window_set_skip_taskbar_hint()
     gtk_window_set_skip_pager_hint()

Firstly, they fail silently if the window has not been realized.
(I've filed a bug report about having it issue a warning).

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that the best way to use them was
in a callback connected to the "exposure" event for the window. During
this time the window has been realized, but not yet shown. This works
fine and dandy. Said window _is_ skipped from the pager and taskbar.

However, if I proceed to gtk_widget_hide() then gtk_widget_show() this
window, it completely forgets about skipping the taskbar/pager.

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Loban

|   Loban Amaan Rahman  <-- anagram of -->  Aha! An Abnormal Man!   |
| loban earthling net, loban caltech edu,  http://loban.caltech.edu |