Re: help - gtk+2.2.1 and RH8

I also tried using prefix=/usr/lib while configuring.
But, it failed again. Do you mean you didn't change
the install path /usr/local/lib, and just use
'export', and then it works? I feel puzzled. Because
how can an application using gtk2.2.1 find the correct
library? You know, the gtk2.0.6 library will be
firstly found and called.
And, do you need to run command export everytime you
restart your linux?

Regards,
Ma Jun

 --- Harring Figueiredo <harringf yahoo com> 的正文:>

 Jun,

 I am running RedHat8.0 and have had no problems.

 Just to let you know. Let me know if you need any
help setting it up on RH8

 Thanks.
Harring
--- Jun Ma <ma_jun1973 yahoo com> wrote:
It doesn't work. Someone told me to install RH9. I
will. Thank you.

 --- Harring Figueiredo <harringf yahoo com>
的正文:>

 How about exporting LD_LIBRARY_PATH ?

 % export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

  HAring.
--- Jun Ma <ma_jun1973 yahoo com> wrote:
While installing gtk2.2.1 to my RedHat8
computer,
found the installation path is /usr/local/lib
instead
of /usr/lib. So, after compiling gtk code with
new
API's since gtk 2.2, the application can't run
because
it can't find the lib file in /usr/lib. So,
how to
solve the problem? I have tried to simply copy
lib
file from /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib. then,
the
app
can run. but, many other applications can't
run
e.g.
gedit etc, and cause some vital errors. So,
what
should I do?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,