Re: help - gtk+2.2.1 and RH8

Hi,
I tried to upgrade my RH8 with gtk2.2 before for
several times, but with no luck. I got heaps of gnome
apps crashing after installing Glib2. I suggest you
try RH9 so that you can save a lot hassles and time.

Btw, you do not have to cp files from local/lib to
lib. You can either "./configure --prefix=/usr/lib",
or export the enviroment varible
PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"
somewhere, say /etc/profile.

may it help.

--- Jun Ma <ma_jun1973 yahoo com> wrote:
While installing gtk2.2.1 to my RedHat8 computer, I
found the installation path is /usr/local/lib
instead
of /usr/lib. So, after compiling gtk code with new
API's since gtk 2.2, the application can't run
because
it can't find the lib file in /usr/lib. So, how to
solve the problem? I have tried to simply copy lib
file from /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib. then, the app
can run. but, many other applications can't run e.g.
gedit etc, and cause some vital errors. So, what
should I do?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Ma Jun