Re: Application redrawing

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 17:35:05 -0400
"A B" <alvinbeach hotmail com> wrote:

Thank you. I have tried Option 2 but for some reason when I set the
GtkProgress with gtk_progress_bar_set_fraction() it does not redraw.
However, if I use gtk_progress_bar_pulse() it does redraw. Is there a reason
for this?

None that I can see out of your description. Maybe the argument given to
gtk_progress_bar_set_fraction() is out of range? (should be a float between 0.0
and 1.0).

A classical error would be to devide to integer values, say a/b to calculate
the fraction. If a < b the result will allways be 0. Make sure the values are
floating point numbers _before_ dividing.

I will try the 'pipes' method and see if that is better for me.

See 'The Art of UNIX programming for hints and tips about how to write
multiple programs that work together.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/taoup/html/index.html

Roland
--
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in email