Re: Pango ?

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 06:14, Viveka Nathan K wrote:
Hi all..
 I have one doubt in pango..
 Is that pango a separate Engine, which can handle the text display for
 all the applications, or we have to create our own application with
 pango support ?

Pango is a text rendering _library_ used by GTK+; there is
no central server.

All GTK+ (version 2) applications take advantage of the full set
of capabilities of Pango.

Applications not using the GTK+ toolkit will typically not get any
benefit from having Pango installed.

(It is theoretically possible to add Pango support to any
application, but currently the GTK+ toolkit is the main user
of Pango.)

I hope this answers your questions.

Regards,
                                           Owen