Re: Gtk+ help

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 06:15, Kurian George wrote:
project is implemented using Gtk+ and c.I need a
timing signal inorder to monitor the packetd at a
particular time.Kindly suggest me a solution regarding
signals generated at a particular time

The C-library function setitimer() can deliver SIGALRM signals to your
process, as a single shot or regularly.

nanosleep() suspends your program for a specified time interval.

nanosleep() uses a different structure with higher precision, but the
actual resolution depends on the kernel and is normally 1/100 second.

Signal delivery or process wakeup can be delayed with several
time-slices if there are other runnable processes.

gettimeofday() can tell you how long time has actually passed.

You might want to play with priorities. See setpriority() and
sched_setscheduler().

Regards,
Enrique Perez-Terron