menu accelerators versus entry accelerators

Suppose a window contains both a menu with a stock "Paste" menu item and a
GtkEntry.  When you hit Ctl+V with the cursor in the entry, you do not
paste to the entry (and depending on how the paste menu item is set up,
something is pasted elsewhere).

This is not what I (the user) would expect, though I (the programmer) can
imagine why the code currently works that way.  Is there a good way to
work around this?  I notice that even Evolution has this behavior in the
"compose" window, so if there is, it's be nice to fix this bug on
Evolution as well.

--
      Evan Martin
martine cs washington edu