Re: Default Font

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 06:24:36PM +0100, Ian Bell wrote:
I am just moving from gtk+1.2 to gtk+2.2.  In converting old 1.2 apps I notice
the default font in menus and labels in 2.2 seems to be a lot smaller than in
1.2.  Is this deliberate?

The entire font subsystem is radically different (moved from core X
fonts to fontconfig). The default font is now configured systemwide
("sans-serif 10" as determined by /etc/fonts/fonts.conf) so it depends
a bit on how your fontconfig package is set up, and what fonts you
have.

Havoc