alpha translucent image

Hi,

I am using gtk 2.0.4.

I am trying to have an alpha translucent image (like the alphatest.png in
gtk-demo) on a "GTK_WINDOW_POPUP". I want the "GTK_WINDOW_POPUP" window to
be alpha translucent (I want to see the desktop or whatever app that is
behind through the translucent image).

I have tried to use gdk_pixbuf_render_pixmap_and_mask to get the bitmap
mask.
and gtk_widget_shape_combine_mask () for my "GTK_WINDOW_POPUP" window.
It looks like gdk_pixbuf_render_pixmap_and_mask does not support alpha
translucency (I have to set an alpha_threshold). So, I could not get it to
work.
Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Andreas.