Re: Images in CLists

On Friday 20 September 2002 03:39 pm, Henning Meyer wrote:
Hello *,

I want to put generated small thumbnail-like images in a CList.
How can a do this?
The images aren't loaded from files, but generated as grayscale 2d-vectors
of bytes.

I am doing nearly exactly the same thing for a status bar.  I did something
like:

pixMap = gdk_pixmap_new (NULL, 102, 12, gdk_visual_get_best_depth());

a pixmap is just like a window, more or less, in terms of it being a
"drawable".  You can then just draw onto the pixmap with primitives, a list
can be found here:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gdk/gdk-drawing-primitives.html

You can add the pixmap to the clist with:

  gtk_clist_set_pixmap
  (
    GTK_CLIST (clist),
    iRow,
    iColumn,
    pixMap,
    NULL               // i.e. no mask
  );

you can also retrieve the pixmap image with:

  gtk_clist_get_pixmap
  (
    GTK_CLIST (clist), // clist
    iRow,              // row
    iColumn,           // column
    &pixMap,           // pointer to address of pixmap
    &mask              // pointer to address of mask (don't care)
  )

NOTE: here that I get the mask when I call gtk_clist_get_pixmap.  I noticed
when I put NULL in there, the program crashed.  The documentation doesn't say
you can put NULL in there, but I can swear I've seen the documentation for
the ctree say that you can.

gtk_clist_get_pixmap will return FALSE if the element isn't a pixmap.

That ought to help...  Feel free to write me if it doesn't.

-Rich

Thanks for your help.

Please reply to: Henning_Meyer gmx net

Henning Meyer