From: Bryan Brown [mailto:bbrown saltmine radix net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 1:29 PM
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Widget colors

Using gtk 1.2 I need to construct a gtk dialog, in the vbox of which
should be 3 rows of widgets, each widget being a rectangle filled with a
specified color plus a single word of text centered in the rectangle.
When the user clicks in a specific rectangle the color selection dialog
should pop up and, when the user has selected the color and closed the
color selection dialog, the rectangle which was clicked should be filled
with the specified color.

I was able to do this on my old Amiga, but I'm having some problems
learning how to do the following things with Gnome:

(1) build the widget filled with a specified color and word of text;

(2) make three rows of widgets in the vbox.

I'd appreciate some suggestions about how to do these things.

Thanks,

Bryan