Re: what if g_strdup_printf() fails?

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 09:56:50PM +0200, Remco Poelstra wrote:
Hi,

I want to use g_strdup_printf(), but what happens if there isn't enough
memory?
Does it return NULL or does it call abort() or something else? I couldn't
find it in the API reference.

Thanks in advance,

Remco Poelstra

--
Give a small boy a hammer and he will find that everything he encounters
needs pounding.

Looking through the source it looks like deep down inside it uses
malloc().  It looks like it goes through g_new() which uses g_malloc()
which uses the standard_malloc() set up in the glib_mem_vtable which
then calls malloc().  Looking at the source for g_malloc() you'll see
that if glib_mem_vtable.malloc() fails it posts a g_error() about it and
returns NULL.  Please correct me if I'm off about any of this (using
2.0.6 sources).

-Scott