Re: expose_event

The widgets inside shall remain. It's the drawings I want to remove.
I found gtk_widget_draw over the complete size does what I want, but it
flickers.

not suprising. you'd have to draw into an offscreen drawable (i.e. a
Pixmap) then draw that into a window in one step. gtk+2 does double
buffering like this in most places now.

I think you're right. At the moment it's working but is very inelegant.
In the beginning I wantet to use the Canvas but it wasn't usable with
glade && C++
But since I already switched to C for that project I could give Canvas a
try. I hope it's working with glade && gtk+1.2

i have never used glade. i C++, gtk+1.2 with gtkmm1.2, and i use the
GtkCanvas, a backport from GnomeCanvas that removed the (then)
dependencies on GNOME. it works fine. i use GtkCanvas just to avoid
GNOME; when we switch to GTK+2, i will switch the "real" GnomeCanvas.
right now, i use the Canvas as a pure "C" object.

I'm writing a db-designer much in the fashion of a UML tool, but more
specialized and not so overfeatured.
I need movable tables and need to connect them with lines.
Moving the tables is no problem.
The lines I'm drawing on the layout->window using gdk_draw_line.
To update the graph I need to remove the lines and draw new ones.
The expose event seemed like the right place for this ;)
If there was a line-widget everything would be much easier.

the canvas has a line-item, and a widget item. it would be very easy,
i think.

Is Canvas working with glade && 1.2 ?
If not:
Is 2.0 stable (enough) ?
Is glade for 2.0 usable ?

i don't the answer to any of these questions, sorry.

--p