From: Olexiy Avramchenko [mailto:ath beast stu cn ua]
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 11:51 AM
To: Thomas Cameron
Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Question about layout

Thomas Cameron wrote:

Hello all,

This question is less about the innards of GTK+ 2.0.x, and more about
which widget I should use.  I have been giving this a little thought,
and have come up with no clear answer.  I want to create a container,
which has the ability to scroll up and down.  Within this control,
there should be rows of buttons, running from left to right.  There is

no pre-determined number of buttons, so there could be from one to
infinity.

What I would like to do is figure out what widget would be the best
for this particular design.  Obviously, the width of each button
should not necessarily be limited (yet), so there could be one row
with 2 buttons, and another with 4 or 5.  What would be the easiest
method to building this interface?  If anybody needs more clarity
regarding my problem, I could draw up a little graphic and mail it
directly to them

Hello, Tom
Cant you use GtkHBoxes packed into one GtkVBox ?

Regards,
    Olexiy