GNode problem

I've tried to construct the following tree with a GNode structure:
  4
/    \
3    8
\    /
  2
but when I insert the node "2" into the child list of the node "8", I receive this message during execution : GLib-CRITICAL **: file gnode.c: line 289 (g_node_insert): assertion 'G_NODE_IS_ROOT (node)' failed

Is it possible to disable this test or is another structure more efficient for containing a tree of this type ?

Pour mieux recevoir vos emails, utilisez un PC plus performant !
Découvrez la nouvelle gamme DELL en exclusivité sur i (france)
http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/signedell