Problems with Toggle-Buttons

Hi,

I want to write an app which has two toggle-buttons. Each toggle-button can
switch off the other button and set a variable. The problem now is that when
a callback from one toggle-button calls:

gtk_toggle_button_set_active(TOGGLE_BUTTON(lookup_widget(GTK_WIDGET(togglebutton),
"other_toggle_button")), FALSE);

the callback function of the other toggle-button is also called, because the
function gtk_toggle_button_set_active emits a "clicked" and "toggled" signal.

I am searching for a simple method to change the state of the toggle-button
without emitting a signal.

Greetings, Martin