Re: Dynamic creation of Progress bar...

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 19:03, s ws wrote:

Hai..everyone..

Iam new to this mailing list...i donno much about Gtk...
Iam buliding a tool which has the following function...
It will display the status of the threads in a particular >
application..

I want to use a separate "Progress Bar " to display each thread's
activity..
Now...My problem..is..
Can create a new Progress Bar..n insert it into the actual
window..when ever a new thread is created??
How to do this...

Because Gtk+ is not threadsave you will have to update your progressbars
in the main thread. You could, for example, add the actions that have to
be performed in a GList and make the main thread update the progressbars
by checking out these values. There are more complex examples available
too. It is not recommended to update the position of the progressbar in
the threads that you created.

I suggest checking out E-mail clients like Balsa and Evolution which do
a very similar thing when getting the mails from the server. I don't
know how they technically created it ..

Can anybody suggest similar examples...that have the same funda..
where can i get help regarding this issue??

Check the sources of
Evolution, Balsa, Galeon and Pan .. they are all multithreaded and all
use progressbars to indicate the status of a specific thread.

please help me out..
thanks in advance..

JD...

--
Philip van Hoof aka freax (http://www.freax.eu.org)
irc: irc.openprojects.net mailto:me at freax dot org