Finding And Deleting child item from tree

Hi All,
       This is regarding finding and deleting a child item from a tree .
On Right mouse click of tree item I have two menu options Add and delete
.Addin is working fine for adding a child item .I have problems while
deleting the tree item .

I would appreciate if some one could reply me as to .

1.How to find a text of a selected child item from a tree widget
dynamically .
2.Search for the position of the child using the text and
3.Finally deleting the child item from the tree or subtree dynamically.

upon selection of the delete menu option.

Thanks
Prasad