Finding And Deleting child item from tree

Hi All,
       This is regarding finding and deleting a child item from a tree .
On Right mouse click of tree item I have two menu options Add and delete
.Addin is working fine for adding a child item .I have problems while
deleting the tree item .

I would appreciate if some one could reply me as to .

1.How to find a text of a selected child item from a tree widget
dynamically .
2.Search for the position of the child using the text and
3.Finally deleting the child item from the tree or subtree dynamically.

upon selection of the delete menu option.