How to add horizontal scrollingbar to entry field

Hi,
    I am using Gtk1.2 and want to have an entry field horizontal scrollbar which I am unable to operate.
    The fact is if I add entry widget to scrolling _window then scrollbar appears but they are not operative to scroll the entry field
I have supplied NULL adjustments to the scrolledwindow and also tried on various adjustments.

Kindly can somebody give a way out of it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rahul Karurkar

Disclaimer