Re: callbacks and locking

ons 2002-10-23 klockan 20.50 skrev neh attbi com:

I tried this same thing recently, and for the same reasons.  I eventually had one problem I could not quite
figure out (albeit I have a few things left to try).  My problem was that my app was not processing all of
the expose events to draw and redraw widgets properly.  If you get your app to work, let us know how.  It
would prevent me from having to move all of my gtk calls to the main thread . . . Thanks.

Hmm, I solved at least my problem now. I switched to Gtk2. It works
beautifully now with regards to releasing gdk-lock inside a callback. I
don't really know what the reason for this not being able to work in
Gtk1.2, if it's a bug in Gtk1.2 or if the locking/thread-awareness in
Gtk2 has improved so much.

The strange thing is that I did not change one line of code! I just
changed the Makefile and it worked beautifully. Of course there is some
porting left to do for example chars to UTF8. But as of now I think I
will go with this option and require users to upgrade to Gtk2, rather
then to mess with something that is obviously broken (or at least it is
from my point of view).

Regards,

//Hugo Hallqvist