Re: Threads in GTK goofing up expose event

Owen:

There is something that should be in the faq, that (as I recall) isn't...
I'm not sure if this is your problem or not.

I believe that you are correct in that it is not in the FAQ.

If you do GTK+ stuff in a separate thread from where your main loop
is running, you should generally end the sequence of calls with a
call to gdk_flush() before you call gdk_threads_leave() ... otherwise you
may have queued X requests that aren't sent out.

I did notice you giving this same advice to someone in a thread earlier this year (February or March), but
you did not say where to put the call.  In my testing, I put the flush call _after_ gdk_threads_leave, which,
of course, would not help any (assuming this is my problem), and it didn't.  I'll give it a shot and report
back.  Thanks.

Neil