GtkTreeView and threads

Hi there,

my GtkTreeView doesn't get updated when manipulating its associated
model (GtkListStore) by a thread. It only get's updated when the window
get's the focus.

Here's what I'm trying to do within a thread:

  gdk_threads_enter();
  gtk_list_store_set(downloads_store, &iter, RECEIVED_COLUMN,
item->received_bytes, -1);
  gdk_threads_leave();

So there's already a new row appended to download_store and I want to
update a specific cell. The situation is quite weird cause sometimes the
cell gets updated also if the window doesn't have the focus. Appending a
new row (also done by the same thread) works most of the time (but not
always).

Greets,
        Steve