Re: insensitive wiget, but not grayed out

Jacob:

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 14:39, Jacob Perkins wrote:
I've got some widgets, mostly checkboxes, that display immutable
attributes.  Right now, I just set the widgets to not be sensitive.  But,
this tends to gray out the widgets too much, making the attribute easy to
ignore and hard to read.  Is there any way to make a non sensitive widget
less gray, but still visually different from a sensitive widget?

That's probably more of a design issue.  It seems somewhat odd to
display an "immutable" property using a checkbox (implying that it can
be changed).  Use a different widget to display the information.

Neil