Re: What's ABI?

Application Binary Interface: The interface by which
an application program gains access to operating
system and other services. It should be possible to
run the same compiled binary applications on any
system with the right ABI.

from The Free Online Dictionary of Computing
(http://foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk/)

--- Lau <zenithlau sniic com> wrote:
Hi,

      I'm quite often to hear about the terms ABI and
API.

      I know that, API stand for Application Programming
Interface, right, and it
is the interface of a library; if you are writing a
program, just following the API specified by the
library manual and compile, link.. etc, and it's
done, right??

      Then, how about ABI??

Lau