Re: Making a Makefile

El jue, 21-11-2002 a las 05:58, Philip Van Hoof escribió:
On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 03:06, Kevin Mahoney wrote:

Hi,
I am new to this list and makefiles.  From the online documentation I was
able to compile a simple 1 file program using:

$ g++ -Wall -g helloworld.cpp -o helloworld `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0`
`pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0`

I need help creating a makefile.  No big deal for this example but it will
become necessary for larger programs.

For larger applications I suggest that you use automake. It is a set of
scripts (used by most larger applications these days) that will generate
all the Makefile and configure scripts for you.

Finding information about automake should not be very hard (try google)
and/or checkout other applications that use Gtk+-2.0 for specific
issues.

Also, check:

"I want to add some configure stuff, how could I do this?"
http://www.gtk.org/faq/#AEN424

For diferences between 1.2 and 2.0:
http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/porting/ar01s05.html

--