Re: Integrating bash into a GTK+ application

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 13:32, Horror Vacui wrote:
I'm writing a program that should display a bash window, and be able to
read from and write to this window, without interfering much. I'm in
process of learning programming, so I don't know what's the best way to
achieve this. I could do it in some roundabout-way, but since I intend
to write a useable program and not only something to learn on, I'd like
to do it the right way.

Horror,

Look for information on the ZvtWidget for GTK+ that is used by some
GTK+/GNOME apps to enable a shell in their apps. I frankly don't like
the ZvtWidget because I think it is flaky in its Curses support and font
support but it's a start. Also, ZvtWidget does not limit itself to the
bash shell. It uses whatever your default shell is. I use zsh for
example.

Luciano Chavez > EVMS Developer > IBM
lnx1138 us ibm com  >  http://evms.sourceforge.net
"There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary
and those who don't."