Re: Is there a way to make this work?
- From: Tristan Van Berkom <vantr touchtunes com>
- To: Thijs Assies <thijs_a gmx net>
- Cc: GTK -app-devel <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Is there a way to make this work?
- Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:00:09 -0500
well: when i fork the get and parse code it works. But it starts adding
to the clist when the pasing isn't complete yet! how can you allow a
child to write to the gtk widget? Or do you have an example of what you
I mean that processes and threads have a means of comunication. You
could get the child process to "tell" the parent process that
data is ready to be added to the CList.
i created a thread wich get, parses the xml and updates the clist. But
it chrases, resulting in a zombie.
If your having problems debugging your child you could do something
static int block_and_wait = 1;
at the begining of your child stuff.
Hook on the the "spinlocking" process
with gdb and tell the program with gdb
that `block_and_wait = 0'
] [Thread Prev