Hourglass on menu widget

Hi,

Is there any way that I can create a toolbar that floats alongside the main window in my application? The idea is that it will hug the left hand side of the window, even when the window is moved.

Moving the toolbar away from the window, and then subsequently moving the window, would also move the toolbar (relative to the window).

So, upon startup, it would look something like this:

     XXXo===========================0
     XXX|                           |
     XXX|                           |
     XXX|                           |

The "X" characters represent the toolbar.
I hope someone can help me with this, or say why it is not possible (if it isnt).

Best regards,

Chris.