help needed

Hi All,
 I need a small hep from you.

 I am developing a multithreaded application with
front end as gtk. when I make a call to g_thread_init

( if (!g_thread_supported ()) g_thread_ini ();)

just before gtk_init , the program gives segmentation
fault. If I comment the call to g_thread_init it runs
fine. Only my main thread deals with GUI. Do I still
need to protect the gtk calls ?

and I need to insert log messages in to my main
window.
I have the following code

int setLogLine (char *pszMes)
{
 /* insert the text. using gtk_text_insert. */

    /* get the adjustments for vertical scrollbar. */
     pAdj = gtk_range_get_adjustment ((GtkRange*)
                       pvscrollBar);
     /* set the value to point it down. */
     gtk_adjustment_set_value (pAdj,
           CLAMP (pAdj->upper - pAdj->page_size/2,
                  pAdj->lower,
                  (pAdj->upper - pAdj->page_size)));
    /* generate the signal. */
    gtk_adjustment_value_changed (pAdj);

  return 0;

}

I am able to insert few messages but later the
application hangs. Can somebody tell me what am I
doing wrong here.

any suggestions are of great help.

Thanks and Regards,

thomas joseph

http://careers.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Careers
- 1,000's of jobs waiting online for you!